Like the Real Thing, but Better
Varigrain Preferred brings home the handsome look of freshly painted, rough-sawn wood with an ever-tough finish. Every panel boasts a realistic texture, so it looks and feels just like the real thing, but performs much better. A unique, rollover locking leg snaps the siding in place for maximum wind-load resistance and superior protection from virtually any weather condition.
Siding is a smart Investment. Varigrain Preferred is virtually maintenance free and stays looking beautiful while withstanding the elements. According to a recent study by Remodeling Magazine1, homeowners who install vinyl siding, on average, recouped up to 87.2% of the cost, making re-siding one of the top two improvement investments a homeowner can make.
Environmentally Friendly Siding
If you’re interested in environmentally friendly building and remodeling materials, vinyl siding is a great cladding choice.
- Green building experts like the NAHB2 and USGBC’s LEED for Homes report3 give vinyl siding positive marks. It outperforms most other exterior cladding products when evaluated for environmental performance.
- Vinyl siding may be awarded up to 4 LEED points since it never needs painting or staining.
- All it takes is an occasional wash with simple soap and water to maintain its good looks.
- Variform’s manufacturing facilities use production processes that maximize raw materials, resulting in nearly zero waste.
- Variform has multiple plant locations, so we can minimize the travel distance from our facilities to your job site—using less fuel and cutting down on harmful transportation-related emissions.
When installed, Variform Vinyl Siding does not release harmful crystalline silica particles into the air.4
“With vinyl siding you can have the look you desire at a price that fits your wallet.”
Benefits of Siding
- It lowers yearly upkeep and maintenance costs, increases energy efficiency, and it can even increase the value of your home.
- It never needs painting
- It's often (but not always) cheaper than red cedar or redwood and takes less time to install.
- It is recyclable so it is an environmentally friendly option.
- It resists denting and exposure to extreme weather conditions, such as colder climates.
- It has a deep, penetrating color that goes all the way through the material, rather than paint on the surface, where with wood or aluminum siding, a scratch removes the pigment, allowing the original color to show through the surface color.
- Vinyl does not rot, rust or crack the way wood and metal do.
The most important advantage of vinyl siding is its affordability. Vinyl is now one the most commonly utilized synthetics in construction because of its quality and price.
Brands of Siding
Our main contractor line. They have great products that are priced competitively. There are several lines to choose from and many color options too.
Vinyl shake siding has many colors available. There are 3 different profiles of cedar shakes, including a new stone siding that looks like authentic hand-cut limestone.
For when you want fashionable curb appeal for your home that is guaranteed to last. These exterior décor products are available in most colors and a wide range of sizes fpr shutters, vents, mounts, window and door headers, pilasters, and much more.
- Based on 2006 national averages from 60 cities. Source: Remodeling magazine.
- NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines, Version 1.Part 1.Section 2.Resource Efficiency.2.1.5. December 13, 2004
- January 2007, USGBC LEED® for Homes Program Pilot Rating System, Page 114 — BEES (Building for Environmental and Economic Sustainability).
- James Hardie, “Working Safe” http://www.jameshardie.com/developer/designBuildCenter_workingSafe.shtm
Request an Estimate